Monday, April 4, 2011

Bent and Sticky

Lenore comes into my office in a huff holding up a crooked letter opener.

Lenore: Look at this! Just look at it! It's bent! It's totally, just...bent! AND sticky!

Me: Oh, what happened?

L: I don't know but let me tell you something. Someone took it from my desk, put it some place sticky and then they bent it and didn't even bother to unbend it. And then they put it back, you know, on my desk.

Me: Oh, I'm sorry.

E: I think that's just so....rude. You know? It still has glue or something on it too. I mean, I would never do that. Never!

Me: Do you want to have my letter opener? It's not bent or sticky.

L: No, no, that's yours. I mean, that's just so...rude and mean. And these are the people we work with? I don't know who did it. Why would someone do that to me?

Me: I don't know. I'm sorry.

L: But why is it sticky? I don't even want to touch it. It could be anything!

BLACKOUT

Originally posted October 28, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment