Monday, April 4, 2011

Lenore Has Something Important to Say

(I am busy with work stuff. Lenore enters my office to tell me something important.)

Lenore: Excuse me, mister. You know that guy, Michael-something-er-other?

Me: What? Who?

L: You know, his name is something Michael or Michaels and he was on that show? The Rock of something. Well, he went to the hospital and all.

Me: (annoyed) Oh, you mean Bret Michaels? Can we talk about this another time?

L: I just wanted to tell you that his father said he was okay. I mean, I just read it.

Me: (dismissive) Okay, thank you.

L: (a little short) Fine.

Me: I'm just busy. (turning in chair, feigning interest) So he's doing better? Did you hear if he was going to be out of the hospital soon?

L: Well, I don't really know who he is other than from being on The Apprentice and that other show, but I thought you liked him.

Me: Really? I, uh, no, I don't really have an opinion on him.

L: Who is he then?

Me: He was in the band Poison and--.

L: He was in a poison?

Me: His band's name was Poison, it was, metal er rock music.

L: Oh, that's him! I don't know them though.

Me: And he's doing better? Bret is?

L: That's what his dad said.

BLACKOUT

Originally posted April 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment