Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blinded By The Invite

I'm helping put together a Golden Reunion to celebrate alumni who graduated 50 or more years ago.  Every year I inevitably end up on the phone with some kind older man or woman who wants to reminisce about their time on the university campus and/or tell me about a recent hip replacement surgery.

Late last week we sent out a save the date card and have slowing been getting responses like, "Thank you for putting this together," and, "I can't wait to see the school again after all these years."  But my favorite was an email that came in over the weekend:

From: Rxx Jxxxx [xxxxxxxx@mchsi.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 1:00 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:
RE: Save the Date!
Thanks for the invitation, if i wasn't blind and could drive the 150 miles,k I would be there...Thanks again and have a greeat time...Rxx Jxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment