Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Push Ethan Around Again

I often have to work with Ethan, one of our student assistants, designing our marketing materials.  It can be a very tedious, back-and-forth endeavor.  Being the gullible, easy target that Ethan is, I cannot resist pushing him around to pass the time.  It makes my day fun and I don't care what it makes of his day. 

From: Rxxx Jxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Ethan Bxxxxxx
Subject: Eblast for Ian Kxxxxx 


Hi Ethan,


Attached to this email is copy for the Ian Kxxxxx invite plus his picture [see below].  Can you please assemble an eblast and send me a proof this afternoon...that is, if Farmville can spare you.  Get your chicken coop another time.

-Rxxx
[Word attachment, jpg]


From: Ethan Bxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Rxxx Jxxxx
Subject: RE: Eblast for Ian Kxxxxx   

hahaha...i dont play that stuff 

From: Ethan Bxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Rxxx Jxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: Eblast for Ian Kxxxxx   

How about this?

-Ethan
[proof attached, cannot post here] 

From: Rxxx Jxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Ethan Bxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Eblast for Ian Kxxxxx  

Ethan,

That's a good start for a farmer or maybe one of your farm goats but I need you to take this seriously.  Try harder and make this look like it is coming from a professional, not a cow.

-Rxxxx 

From: Rxxx Jxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Ethan Bxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: Eblast for Ian Kxxxxx   

Ethan,

One more thing...could you make Ian look like he's smiling.  I don't care for his smirk.  What do you think?

Very interested in knowing your thoughts,

Rxxx 

From: Ethan Bxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Rxxx Jxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Eblast for Ian Kxxxxx  

What??? How should I make him smile?  is this like the flowr thing with the bald guy before? 

From: Rxxx Jxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Ethan Bxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Eblast for Ian Kxxxxx
 
Ethan, Ethan, Ethan,

I don't know what "flowr" thing you're talking about.  Is a "flowr" something you grow on Farmville?  Bring me some.  Tomorrow preferably.  Today we have to WERK!  (In Officeville.)  The main goal is to make Ian happy.  But first me.  In that order.  I hope that didn't confuse you. 

 To do:
1. make Rxxx happy
2. make Ian happy

Attached are some smiles I'm fond of.  You are welcome to use one of these, all of these or find your own. 

-Rxxxx
[jpg attachments]


 

From: Ethan Bxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Rxxx Jxxxx
Subject:

 

From: Rxxx Jxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Ethan Bxxxxxx
Subject: Your work is so important to this university 

Ethan,

This is perfect.  I've sent it along to [the boss] who said he loves, loVES, LOVES what you've done.  He asked if you could touch up some of his wedding photos.  It seems his brother showed up for his wedding drunk (can you imagine getting drunk?) and made everyone upset and feel out of sorts.  As a result, many members of the wedding party looked downtrodden in photos.  Please help him.

Also, I would love it if you could give Ian some hair.  I can see my face in his forehead. 

Grow some hair farmer Ethan,
Rxxxx   

"You've got a light in you boy!  Let it shine!"
-Strictly Ballroom 

From: Ethan Bxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
To: Rxxx Jxxxx
Subject: RE: Your work is so important to this university


1 comment:

  1. LOL!..."I can see my face in his forehead." LOL...I love it!

    ReplyDelete