Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lenore's Next Steps

(I'm sitting at my desk checking my phone messages when Lenore trundles in.)

Lenore: Excuse me mister. Elle [co-worker] left a message last night on my phone that she went to the bathroom after work yesterday and, uh, um...

Me: Yes?

L: I guess she had a bag with her and she left it in the ladies' room and I just went to check and, well, it wasn't there.

Me: Oh. So she left a bag in the ladies' room?

L: Yeah. And I couldn't find it.  I mean, I didn't see it or anything.

Me: I'm sorry to hear that.

L: Did you happen to see it?

Me: Uh, no. I use the men's room.

L: I know that, but I thought that you might have seen something.

Me: No, I don't go in the ladies' room--I mean, where would I have seen it?

L: I dunno.  I just don't have the slightest clue what to do next.

Me: Why don't you ask the janitors? They clean the bathrooms after work.

L: (brightening up) Bingo! That's a great, great idea!

(Exactly eight minutes later, Lenore walks by my office door with the bag in her hand.)

L: Found it!

BLACKOUT

Originally posted November 10, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment