Friday, August 19, 2011

That's A Sheep

(Morning. I am walking by Lenore's desk and notice she has a wilted flower pinned to her shirt.)

Me: Good morning.  I like your flower.

Lenore: Oh, this?  Isn't it pretty?  Well, it was a few days ago.  (smells flower)  I got it at Debbie's [co-worker] baby shower.  I thought, it's Friday, why not put it on, right?

Me: Yeah, I guess. 

L: Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, did you have animals on your farm, er, uh, the one you were on growing up?

Me: Oh, uh, yeah, we had chickens--

L: (overjoyed) Chickens!

Me: ...and horses and pigs--

L: Pigs too!  Wow!

Me: ...and now there are two goats on the farm.

L: Baaaaaa!

Me: No, that's a sheep sound.

L: Oh, it is?  What sounds do goats make?

Me: I don't know, they kind of sound like children crying out, I guess.

L: (horrified)  Really?  That's just, um, I don't know.  And they don't baaaaa?

Me: No, they waaaaaah!

L: I just think it's great that you grew up with animals.  You know, people don't know anything about that sort of stuff in the city.

Me: No, I guess not.

BLACKOUT

No comments:

Post a Comment