Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Don't Mess With My Paper

(Lenore trundles into my office.  She is carrying an invoice for paper supplies and seems upset.)

Lenore: Do you know what this invoice is, this Paper Needs?  Some other paper place I think.

Me: (looking at invoice) Oh, yes, that's from Laura's office.  They ordered invitations.

L: I've never heard of them.  We don't use anyone but Ligature to order paper stuff.

Me: Hmm.  I don't know.  Maybe Laura wasn't aware of that.  Do we have a contract with Ligature or something?

L: No.  But we always use them.

Me: Is it okay that Laura used a different company to order paper supplies? 

L: (huffy) It's not that, she just doesn't--we use Ligature.  I don't know how to process these other companies.

Me: The invoices, you mean?  They're just invoices.  Process them the same way you do all the others.

L: Hmpf.  Fine.  I'm just confused why someone would use another company and not the one we always use.  It just makes things difficult for everyone. 

Me: I'm sorry.

L: I'm going to bring this up at the next board meeting.

Me: Really?

L: No. But I should.

BLACKOUT

No comments:

Post a Comment