Monday, July 23, 2012

Lenore is Retiring

(Lenore is retiring.  Tuesday, July 31, 2012 is her last day and sadly, very sadly in fact, I will be away on a business trip to Orlando and miss her farewell tour.  When I came in this morning, I reminded her of this fact.)

Me: So, are you really gone next Tuesday?

Lenore: Yes sir, I'm done.  El gone-oh.

Me: I won't be here.  I have to go to that conference all next week.

Lenore:  Oh, really?  Where are you going?

Me: Orlando.  It's going to be so muggy and hot.

Lenore: Florida?  That's Florida, right?  That place has a lot of colors and people wearing shorts.

Me: Yes, I guess. My hotel is supposed to have a really nice pool.

Lenore:  Great, I'll get my bikini. 

Me: Really?

Lenore: (swatting at the air) No.

BLACKOUT

No comments:

Post a Comment